Tuesday 19 October 2010

Walk before you can run

Well, we're back to walking. Not a lot to report on this one. Been experimenting with the bone tool in flash for this project. The tool itself does appear to be useful on the surface but I've found that it comes with a lot of limitations. My first video I did using this tool I am almost thankful to say became corrupted. But I did another one here



Nothing particularly amazing here. Am currently working on a 'sad' walk using the same character. Mainly because this character is so featureless that it will give me a good challenge in trying to convey emotion. More on this to come....

We have also been told to start thinking about what we want to do for our Experimental project, in which we have been given several sound clips which we have to animate to. The animation should have some sense of the feelings and emotions that are created by the sound. I have decided on the piece that I will be working to which I will upload (probably alongside my first cuts as I can't work out how to upload just the soundfile onto this blog yet). Inspired by the autumn and the great wealth of coloured and deformed plant matter in the local area I have decided to do a stop frame animation using these bits of leaves and such to create an image in time with the music. My missus returned home with some liquid gold leaf t'other day, so I'm hoping to pilfer that and see if I cant get it involved somehow. Should have some image sketches drawn up in the next couple of days

No comments:

Post a Comment